Sales enquiries click here
To contact the webmaster click here
The 'PIOB BEAG' Electronic Bagpipes and practice chanter is designed and built in the Highlands of Scotland. It utilizes the latest digital computer microprocessor technology and is designed to play and sound like both the Great Highland Bagpipe and the Scottish Lowland Pipes, with the same finger spacing and tuning. The Chanter pitch can be adjusted in steps, with computer controlled accuracy allowing the 'PIOB BEAG' to be played in tune with other instruments. The switchable Drones feature is similarly controlled and remains harmonically tuned to the chanter even when the basic frequency has been adjusted.
The chanter stem is tapered just like the real thing which is especially important for learners.
A novel feature exclusive to the Piob Beag is the ability to switch it on in the Pitch of Concert A, allowing it to be played alongside the fiddle and other instruments.
You will find the 'PIOB BEAG' an excellent aid for practice, as an accompanying instrument or on its own.
. BUILT-IN LOUDSPEAKER or use with a headset
· NEW IMPROVED CIRCUIT WORKS WELL EVEN WITH DRY SKIN
· VERY AUTHENTIC SOUND - Highland Bagpipes and Scottish Lowland Pipes.
· REPRODUCES Piobaireachd High G and High A
· JUST PICK UP AND PLAY INSTANTLY- no reeds, so no warm-up required.
· NECK HALTER - provides additional support
· VOLUME CONTROL - keep neighbours and family happy.
· LISTEN IN COMPLETE PRIVACY - using standard headphones if you don't want to use the speaker.
· FULL SIZE EXACT CHANTER FINGER SPACING - ideal for all ages and stages.
· HIGH RELIABILITY CIRCUITRY
· INSTANT TUNING TO SCOTTISH LOWLAND PIPES.
· INSTANT TUNING TO THE PITCH OF A - allows it to be played with other instruments with no retuning required.
· BATTERY POWERED - self-contained battery (PP3) alkaline power source with long life.
· QUARTZ CRYSTAL TUNING - ensures the Drones always stay in tune regardless of the Chanter pitch.
· FREQUENCY GENERATION SOURCE - Quartz crystal microprocessor control for maximum accuracy.
· TUNING IS NOT AFFECTED BY ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS (such as temperature, humidity etc.).
· DRONES ARE SWITCHABLE
· POWER SAVING CIRCUITRY ENSURES MAXIMUM BATTERY LIFE FROM PP3 TYPE BATTERY.
· DESIGNED AND BUILT BY ELECTRONIC BAGPIPE MAKERS IN THE HIGHLANDS OF SCOTLAND
Now with optional midi interface
If you have the sound turned on you will be hearing a tune. This is not a recording of the Piob Beag, it is a simple midi file I put on for entertainment. I plan to put on a real recording some day when I get one made.
Click here for Yamaha FJ1200 as bought unrestored Website
Click here for very low cost international calls and cheap calls to mobiles, with no sign up needed, just key in the special number then key in your friends number
Click here for pictures of the Esker Walk Strathnairn and other pictures in the Inverness area
Click here for photographs of Roslin Chapel Rosslyn Chapel or Roslin Abbey or Rosslyn Abbey near Edinburgh
Click here for alternative electronic bagpipe mirror site